Janet Willis Petraroi is a Certified Public Accountant with more than 30 years of experience working for private companies. She has a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration and an Associate’s degree in computer programming. Janet has worked in both large and small organizations and is very familiar with the complexities of running each. She has had extensive experience in working with companies in assisting them to improve operational efficiency, increase profitability and implement strategic management initiatives.
Areas of expertise include:
- Business Development and Implementation
- Operational Evaluations and Process Redesign
- Financial evaluations
- Interim Management
- Project Management
- Development and Implementation of Financial Software Systems
- Interim Chief Financial Officer for New York based Medicaid Managed Care Organization with annual revenues of over $650 million
- Project Director for implementation of financial functions related to acquisition of 82,000 Medicaid Members for Virginia based Medicaid HMO
- Project Director for development and implementation of a Premium/Membership Reconciliation system for a 300,000 member Medicaid organization
- Investigation and recommendation for potential earnings improvement initiatives through enhanced membership processes for a 750,000+ member Managed Care Organization
- Project Manager to assist large, publicly traded organization in preparing for a pending lawsuit
- Implemented provider directory software effectively cutting cost of quarterly production by 50%
- Designed and implemented RegionallTeam approach to provider network development providing results of network growing from 65,000 providers to 100,000 plus
- Successful development and implementation of a POS product in a large St. Louis, MO HMOD
- Development of regulatory package to assist large pharmaceutical company in obtaining insurance license to do business in the state of California
- Responsible for all Managed Care financial operations nationwide with over three hundred thousand members and annual gross revenues of four hundred million dollars.
- Investigated operational and financial weaknesses.
- Designed and implemented corporate budgeting and forecasting packages
- Turned inherited HMO’s from $5 million loss to 2.5 million income in two years
- Built financial organizations from ground up
- Installation/conversion of multiple systems into integrated management information system for HMO plans nationwide
- Established uniform corporate policies and procedures
Janet has held various positions in all aspects of business from Manager of Systems Installation to Vice President of Operations and Chief Financial Officer. She is a 1984 graduate of Old Dominion University in Norfolk VA where she received her Bachelors of Science degree in Business Administration. She received her CPA in 1991.